FEEA is pleased to announce the finalists of its 2017 merit-based scholarship competition. This year FEEA awarded nearly 300 scholarships, with support from our partners. Selected from close to 3,000 applicants, these individuals were chosen for their outstanding academic achievements and community engagement.
The 2017 finalists represent a diverse set of academic majors (shown above). They also hail from all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, and overseas postings. The majority are children of federal employees who serve in close to 100 federal departments and agencies. Others are grandchildren and federal employees themselves.
FEEA is especially grateful to the many individual donors who joined the following organizations in sponsoring this year’s competition:
- The Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program
- The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association
- Long Term Care Partners
- The American Federation of Government Employees
- The National Treasury Employees Union
- The Professional Managers Association
- Blacks in Government
- The National Hispanic Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees
- The Cooke Memorial Scholarship
- Global Defense Inc.
- The National Federation of Federal Employees
- The Federal Managers Association
- The Hoosier Hills Chapter of Federally Employed Women
This program, and all of FEEA’s programs, are made possible by our generous individual and organizational sponsors who donate and pledge to CFC#11185 each year.